The Worthen Library is able to offer quality resources and programming, thanks in large part to community members like you. While we value all of our patrons, we encourage you to become an “official” supporter of the Library by donating to our annual fundraising campaign.
Your gift as a supporter of the Library can make a difference to all library patrons – from our youngest toddlers to teens, young adults and seniors. You help make moments happen as: a child shares her favorite book with her baby brother; two neighbors reconnect at an educational program; and the volunteer shares her music as part of a special program.
Your financial support goes directly to new, exciting programs, additional media and resources as well as toward enhancing services for all patrons. This is especially important this year as we have worked to create new ways to bring the library to you at home, like the Summer Activity Boxes shown here in this photo or outside socially distanced programming. Thank you!
Click here to make a secure gift online.
Ways You Can Help
- Support your new Library.
- Make an unrestricted gift to enhance our library and support operations.
- Donate an item from the Wish List.
- Buy a brick and leave a legacy in honor or memory of someone – even your pet!
- Take advantage of one-time tax advantages for your gift made by December 31, 2020. Click here to learn more.
- Remember the Worthen Library in your estate plans. Learn more here.
- Make a donation from your Required Minimum Distribution. Learn more here.
- Direct a donation from your Donor Advised Fund.
- All donors become members of the Worthen Society and are invited to special recognition events and are acknowledged on the poster in the Library. Learn more about the Worthen Society here.
- Take part in fundraising and communications activities to further the Library’s outreach. Learn more here.
- Donate to the Sustainability Fund for the Worthen Library.
Each year, South Hero voters support the Library with their tax money. We are deeply grateful to the community for this continued support of day to day operations, staffing, collection development and programming. Your gift as a donor to the library helps cover the added operating costs of our new Library and provides funding for expanding our programs and resources to meet changing needs of our community. Seed funding from Ed Worthen’s estate has established a Sustainability Fund. Our goal is to grow this Fund into an endowment that will provide steady, ongoing support for our Library to supplement the funding raised from taxes. Gifts to this fund will provide a buffer to minimize the Library’s increased budgetary needs on the taxpayer. Learn more here.