The Worthen Library staff are happy to be open to the public! We are open:
- Monday 10 am to 3 pm
- Tuesday 10 am to 3 pm
- Wednesday 10 am to 8 pm
- Thursday 10 am to 3 pm
- Friday 10 am to 2 pm
- Saturday 10 am to 2 pm
Here are some helpful tips and info for the reopening phase:
– If you are fully vaccinated, you are not required to wear a mask. However, please wear a mask if you will be attending programs with children under 12 who are not vaccinated. There are masks available if you happen to forget yours.
– Patrons can browse the collections freely without a time limit.
– Computers are available for your use. Users who bring their own device may use the wifi and print. Our new wifi password is worthen!
– Programs, gatherings, and meetings are, in most cases, held outside under the tent this summer.
– If you would still prefer curbside pickup, please allow at least one day’s notice for staff to prepare your materials.
Keep Our Library Relevant
Exciting plans are in the works for 2021 programming for adults and kids. Building on the great success of our Racial Justice Forum, we brought you a series of presentations, discussions and activities on topics including hunting and land stewardship, Abenaki traditional land use, women in land conservation and geo-caching for kids at historic sites around town to help teach about our history via Zoom this past winter and spring.
You can be part of making these virtual and socially distanced programs a success by making a donation today. Your gift will help cover the cost of an extended Zoom license similar to the platform used during the Racial Justice forum that was attended by over 400 people. (click here to view the recording.) Your support will also help us spread the word to reach even more people. And, of course, we hope to add vital resources to our collection, especially on Abenaki heritage and land use.
The Worthen Society was established to recognize those who have made a financial commitment to the library. Please visit the Library Foundation’s page to find out how you can make a difference in our ongoing fundraising effort.
About the Library
The Worthen Library provides a central spot and a rich resource for our Island community to gather and grow. Come explore our diverse collection of books, magazines, DVDs, audiobooks, museum and park passes and more!