The South Hero Library Foundation, Inc., is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. The mission of the Foundation is to provide financial support for the South Hero Public Library.
South Hero Library Foundation Board
- Ken Kowalewitz – Chair
- Melissa Hood – Treasurer
- Sandy Gregg – Secretary
- Peter Zamore – Member
If you have interest in volunteering please contact any member of the Board.
- Complete the Capital Campaign for building our new Public Library. Funding for the project includes:
- individuals with dedicated interest in South Hero,
- foundation grants that, to date, have been successful with the aid of a professional grant writer,
- and the business sector of South Hero and surrounding communities.
Please visit our New Library website to learn more about the project, see how far along we are and learn more about how you can help. To learn about possible naming opportunities with different donation levels, please CLICK HERE.
- Establish an Endowment for the Public Library.
Thankfully, each year at Town Meeting, voters have consistently approved funding the Library budget with their tax money. We are deeply grateful to the community for this continued support of day to day operations, staffing, collection development and programming. With the Library moving to a new, larger and stand alone building, the annual budget will unavoidably need to increase. One of our primary goals is to establish and fund an Endowment to supplement monies raised from taxes, buffering the impact of the greater budgetary needs on the taxpayers.
We welcome your questions as well as your donations! Please feel free to contact us if you’d like to learn more about the South Hero Library Foundation. If you’d like to make a financial donation through our secure online form, please click the button below.