The South Hero Library is seeking an energetic and organized individual for a library assistant position. The essential job duties of this position include (but are not limited to):
- Assisting patrons, shelving, registering new patrons, and other circulation desk responsibilities
- Providing general information about library services
- Assist in planning adult, young adult, and youth programs for the library
- Publicize library programs in newspapers, school and Internet sources, social media, library website, fliers, etc
- Perform outreach into the community to increase the visibility of programming and extend the library’s reach.
- Provide budgets and schedules for programs
A minimum of intermediate skills with technology, social media, and a comfort learning new technology is needed. We are looking for a creative and motivated person who and enjoys of working with the general public.
This is a 14 hour a week position, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday afternoons and two Saturdays a month. The hours can be flexible for the right candidate. If interested please send resume, three references, and cover letter to Keagan Calkins at firstname.lastname@example.org or South Hero Library 75 South Street, South Hero VT, 05486