- The Champlain Islands Job Fair is virtual this year!
- Check this page for updates and find the perfect job.
- If you are looking for the perfect employee and wish to be added to this page, please contact the library.
Grounds Crew Member-2021 Golf Season
This position reports to GCSAA Golf Superintendent/Full-time-Seasonal (Starting Dates TBD)
- Must have Valid Driver’s License
- Physical Labor and Hand Work Required
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Must be Available Weekdays & Weekends
- Meal Discounts
- Merchandise Discounts
- Use of Golf Facility
Information & Contact:
Doug Ruttle, PGA Professional
Bill Fisher, GCSAA Golf Superintendent
The Champlain Island Farmers Market (CIFM) is accepting resumes for a part time Market Manager. The duties include overseeing two farmers’ markets per week, promoting the markets, and working with the CIFM Board on all aspects of running a successful market. This position requires your commitment of approximately 15-20 hours per week, from early May through October. Some hours may be available in November and December for the right candidate.
The Saturday market in Grand Isle is 10am thru 2pm; the Wednesday market in South Hero is 3pm through 6pm. The market manager will be on site, up to 2 hours before the market begins, to set up, assist vendors and troubleshoot as needed. Administrative and outreach activities are conducted during the week on a flexible schedule. The market schedule and a full list of the Market Manager responsibilities is on our website: http://www.champlainislandsfarmersmarket.org/.
The position requires the ability to work well with market vendors and customers, including enforcing market guidelines when needed. Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate dependability and the ability to work without direct supervision. Basic spreadsheet and social media competence is a plus. This position requires the candidate to regularly lift 40 lbs and have reliable transportation. Transport of some market equipment may be required. We encourage those with experience to apply but are willing to train the right person. We offer competitive compensation, beginning at $15/hr and increasing based on qualifications. Please forward your resume for consideration to email@example.com. CIFM is an equal opportunity employer.
- Job DescriptionPosition Purpose: associates provide fast, friendly service by actively seeking out customers to assess their needs and provide assistance.
- These associates learn about products using our tools, and provide information to customers in order to sell an entire project.
- Associates in this position will learn how to greet, qualify, recommend and close every customer in their department, and know how to handle basics in adjacent departments.
- Associates maintain the in-stock condition of assigned areas, and ensure it is clean, shop-able, and safe.
- Each associate has the responsibility of providing a safe working and shopping environment by following all safety policies & standards, completing specified safety training, immediately correcting hazards & unsafe conditions or reporting conditions to the Manager on Duty, and working safely as not to endanger themselves, co-workers, vendors, or customers.
- These associates work in cooperation with their Department Supervisor and other associates in their department as well as other departments.
- Specific store departments may include Building Materials, D cor, Electrical, Flooring, Garden, Hardware, Kitchen & Bath, Lumber, Millwork,Paint, Plumbing and Tool Rental.
- The position types may include Department Sales, Lead Generator, Pro Account Sales, Sales Specialist, Special Services, and Customer Order Specialist.
Superstar CAREGivers Wanted!
Caring for seniors is a labor of love that requires a special person with just the right touch. That’s why, when you provide care with the Home Instead® network, you become a CAREGiver®, with a capital “CARE.” Becoming a paid caregiver is a unique job with many joys and rewards. You’ll meet wonderful people, build fulfilling relationships, and make a difference in the lives of our clients.
•No experience or medical skills necessary
• Flexible scheduling (minimum commitment of 12 hours per week)
• Skills Training provided by Home Instead
• Part-time & full-time hours available-shifts available in 5 counties
• Great opportunity for students and retirees! Must be at least 18 years old
• Must be able to successfully pass all pre-employment requirements, including: background, DMV, drug screen and references.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Companionship and conversation
• Light housekeeping tasks and meal preparation
• Medication and appointment reminders
• Assistance with grooming, bathing
• Assistance with toileting and incontinence issues
• Alzheimer’s Care
Now Higher Wages: $14.00 to $18.50 per hour depending on level of services and experience.
To learn more about caregiving and what it means to be a Home Instead CAREGiver®, call us today at (802) 860-4663 or apply online at www.homeinstead.com/483
Mama’s Gardens is a growing landscape company located in Grand Isle Vermont. We offer complete garden care. We provide spring and fall clean-ups, maintenance, design and installation at properties large and small in Grand Isle County. We pride ourselves on giving our clients the very best service. Our employees work hard, but we carry sense of humor and adventure throughout our day.
We offer paid holidays, an employee appreciation day, very competitive pay and a positive work environment. We are an equal opportunity employer who encourages applicants to come as they are as we celebrate diversity. Employment is offered based on qualifications and business need.
We have full time and part time openings for gardeners/laborers for the 2021 season beginning April 12 and ending approximately November 5.
In order to facilitate a stress free work environment, applicants must be professional in manner, appearance and work well with others. Applicants must be able to lift 50 lbs. Applicants must have reliable transportation. The ability to work independently is key.
We work in tight, cramped positions much of the day in all kinds of weather including rain and heat. Bending, stooping, lifting and kneeling for long periods of time happen every day!
Duties include: Mulching, weeding, pruning, edging, digging, planting and general garden maintenance. Prior experience working in the horticultural field is highly desirable. Knowledge of plant id, weeding and deadheading practices is a plus.
A sense of humor is a must; we work hard, sweat hard and have a lot of fun doing it.
Interested applicants should respond with a resume (or letter detailing their work experience) and references.
Starting pay based on experience, $15/hour and up
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: From $15.00 per hour